Give me back my property

21 May 2019

You supply, hire or provide products, goods or stock to a person, business or company.  That entity owes you money but before you are paid, becomes insolvent.  You know where your goods are  - surely you can just have them back?

Unfortunately, since the introduction of the Personal Property Securities Act, re-claiming your own goods is not a straightforward process.  In fact, in most circumstances, unless you have the appropriate terms and conditions and have registered your interest on the Personal Properties Securities Register, you may have no entitlement to those goods anymore (even though it is your property and you have never been paid!)

We pride ourselves in providing practical and commercial advice about how you can protect your interest in goods.  We also specialise in advising both liquidators and creditors about who has priority or entitlement to property when bankruptcy or liquidation occurs.

If you have any queries, please contact our PPSR team:

Rod O'Sullivan, Partner
(07) 3307 4568

Kimberley Forman, Partner
(07) 3307 4523

  < Back to Publications