Dean Aitchison is a Senior Associate in Shand Taylor Lawyer’s Building, Construction and Infrastructure team. In his role as a construction lawyer in Queensland, Dean assists clients with:
· Contract reviews and drafting;
· Contract negotiation;
· Construction dispute resolution and litigation;
· QBCC Home Warranty Insurance claims;
· Direction to rectify and/or complete work claims and defences;
· Security of payment claims and responses;
· Breach of contract claims;
· Variation disputes and defective work claims;
· Delay or disruption claims; and
· Disputes with the QBCC.
Dean has acted for a broad range of clients including Government departments and private companies in their roles as a principal, head contractor or subcontractor in commercial construction projects and multi-residential building projects. Additionally, Dean has also acted for developers, builders and homeowners regarding their construction contracts or construction disputes in new housing developments.
Dean commenced his career at a national top-tier law firm, specialising in construction law. Prior to commencing his legal career, Dean completed a carpentry apprenticeship and later became a Site Foreman in the construction industry. Using his extensive knowledge of construction methods and procedures, Dean built his own house in 2018.
Dean is a graduate from Griffith University and has also completed a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne (focusing on construction law), sits on several State and National committees for dispute resolution and regularly presents at construction law seminars for construction professionals.